If you witness or become aware of behavior that violates our code of conduct, report it promptly to the Lacework Community team at Community@Lacework.net.
In your message, please include as much detail as possible:
- Link to the offending content
- Description of the violation
- Time and date of the occurrence
- Screenshots of related discussions
- Usernames, email addresses, legal names, and contact information of witnesses or participants
- Any other supporting information that may be useful for the investigation
Community forum reporting
To report incidents or behavior, submit a Flag This Post in the forum by clicking the Flag button on the post. All reports of code of conduct violations will be reviewed as quickly as possible and the team will initiate action based on the severity of the violation and risk of harm to individuals in the community or the community as a whole.
If you need to file a complaint against a member of the Lacework Community team, please send a private message to any other moderator on the Lacework Community team. Our current moderators are:
Code of conduct violations typically fall into one of the following categories:
- Warning – For first-time, minor violations, the offender will receive a written warning, their account will be noted for future moderation, and the offending content will be removed.
- Suspension – Repeated minor violations and first-time more serious violations may result in account suspension for a period at the discretion of the Lacework Community team.
- Removal/ban – Actions that are seriously harmful to individuals in the community or the community as a whole will lead to account removal and ban from the Lacework Community.
All actions will be taken on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Lacework Community team. If you have concerns about how a moderator has handled a situation and would like to request an appeal of the resolution, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All reports are taken seriously and the Lacework Community team will conduct a thorough investigation to determine the most appropriate course of action. This may involve contacting the relevant parties, speaking with other community members, and researching a user’s historical actions. Upon resolution, the team will notify the person who reported the issue and the alleged violator regarding the actions we’ve taken to resolve the issue.
Some text adapted from Mongo DB Community Forum