Community Guidelines and Enforcement

• 24 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Guidelines for Community Members

Our Community is a network of real people who are passionate about cloud security. It strives to be a place where members will:

• Discuss product questions, best practices, solutions and workarounds
  • Share product feedback and have your ideas acknowledged and implemented regularly
  • Connect with peers through discussion, build rapport on the Community, and gain valuable information during hosted events
  • Feel appreciated for their contributions and help others

We invite you to participate, but we do have a few guidelines for using the Community.

Community Profiles

When creating your account, be sure to use your work email address. You can add a personal email address as a secondary option, but a work email helps us to identify which company you work with. Including a secondary email address will help you maintain access to your profile if you change companies later.

As we all live in a cloud security world, it is not necessary to use your real name or your company in your username (though we do encourage you to use an avatar/picture of your choice). Lacework has a deep respect for the privacy of its customers, and will not share email addresses and a user’s personal information obtained through this Community with outside parties.  See Lacework’s Privacy Statement for details. 

Expectations for Engagement

We’re a community that wants to help and be helped! So go ahead and post any product or customer success question or idea, best practice, or use case you’re interested in exploring within the cloud security universe. Questions and discussions specific to Lacework, of course, are welcome, but not required. 

Know the answer to a question or want to share a relevant experience? Go ahead and help a fellow member out!

The Community is a forum where questions, problems, and ideas are discussed among members and Lacework employees. To that end, engagement among members is strongly encouraged by Lacework – and due to the nature of the forum, engagement is not tied to SLAs. Instead, Lacework employees will try to engage as such:

• Lacework employees will try to respond promptly if an employee response is needed
  • If a resolution is urgent, not covered on the Community, or for a specific use case, please mention @LaceworkAdmin 
  • If possible, document answers or workarounds on the Community to help others in the future (please don’t include personal or confidential information of your company)
  • Lacework employees will do their best to contribute to discussions, solve problems, and answer questions

💛 Golden Rule

Conversation is an essential part of our Community. All we ask is that those conversations stay honest, polite, and considerate. Don’t post obscene, hateful, or objectionable content. Don’t post personal information or confidential data. Don’t post copyrighted content without permission. A healthy debate can take place without ever attacking people personally. Think about that when responding to others, and ask yourself the question: Is this how I would want to be treated? Remember there are no stupid questions, so be kind and help everyone out.

⛔️ Spam

Please don’t post the same topic multiple times or post links to your own personal website (unless it would help answer a specific question). If a user posts spam, we will block the user and delete the posts.

If you see a suspicious post, please do not click on any links it may contain. Click on the ‘Flag’ option from the ‘triple dot’ drop down on the bottom right of the post and @LaceworkAdmin will be notified to remove it.

Violations of Community Guidelines

Sometimes missteps happen. We get it. But we take our guidelines very seriously, and we expect every Community member to take them seriously, too. To that end, we've established the following general process for how cCmmunity moderators will handle violations of our established guidelines. 

• First Violation - Warning - Moderators will explain which guideline(s) were violated, and how to avoid future violations.
  • Second Violation - Temporary Loss of Privileges - Moderators will again explain which guideline(s) were violated, which privileges will be suspended and for how long, and how to avoid future violations. 
  • Third Violation - Banning from Lacework Community - Moderators will again explain which guideline(s) were violated, review the history of violations, and inform the user of their banning from the site and remove all access privileges. 

Note - severe violations may move straight to the third stage if the gravity of the violation merits this, at Lacework’s sole discretion.

Points and Badges

For an explanation on how to earn points and badges on the Community, click here.

Thank you for considering these rules, which are, themselves, carefully considered. As with any community, it’s up to each of us to create and participate in open conversations that can bring us together.

FAQ

Q: How is posting to Community different from submitting a Support ticket?
A: If you need urgent assistance, please contact support@lacework.com or submit a ticket here. Also, if you are fairly certain you’ve encountered a product bug, we recommend reporting it to Support to expedite the triage process. The Community is a forum to share experiences and ask questions.

Q: What is the difference between Question and Problem type posts?
A: Questions  - Ask for feedback on use-case situations, assistance configuring features/functions, or any topics that need further clarification. Discussions: open discussions on cloud security and the community.

Q: Can I access Community from mobile phone or other electronic device?
A: Yes, you can access Community online via any device that accesses the internet.

Q: Can I update or change my email address (login) when I update my password?
A: Once you create an account, you will not be able to update your registered email address; however, an Admin can help you with that.

Q: If I have any questions or problems with my account, who do I contact?
A: Notify @LaceworkAdmin at any time with questions, account problems, or to report suspected spam by mentioning @LaceworkAdmin. 

Q: How do I set or change my Community notification preferences?
A: After logging into the Community, click your profile picture in the upper right corner. 

Q: How do I follow a specific topic or post?
A: Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button to follow a Category (sub-community). When you Like or comment on a particular post (Discussion or Idea) you are auto-subscribed to any activity on that post.

Q: How do I vote for an Idea?
A: Click on the up arrow alongside it.

Q: How do I earn points or badges on the Community?
A: See this article for more info.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!